View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
HopeandFaith1

This post makes me kind of sad. I have been lurking around SR since about 2007 – albeit under a different name back then. I have left and come back many, many times (although did not always post about it). Sometimes I decided I didn't want to quit drinking so I didn’t log in as much, other times I was too ashamed, and other times, life simply got in the way of posting on SR. I mean, stuff happens. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I guess my point is I have always been so comforted by the fact that this place exists for almost 10 years now! For the first time in over 20 years I have 135 days of sobriety and I would not have gotten there without SR and the support of its members.

With all due respect it would appear that posts like this could make someone feel bad for not “getting it” right away. Who among us really does? I consider service to others an important part of recovery, and even though I leave the expert advice to those with more sober time, I still spend a lot of time praying and thinking about the people of SR – the new comers and the old timers and everyone in between.
~HUGS~