Old 10-23-2016, 05:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

I want to scream at xAH, so instead I am posting here...

He decided to be sober for a while this weekend and therefore got to see the kids-- a plus for them so I find the positives where I can.

In any event, he arrived, did the breathalyzer, was sober, and I invited him into the kitchen to wait for the kids vs being in the cold and rain...

The kids came down and the younger of my two sheepishly inched toward him (the older one was annoyed that she was going with her dad and being grumpy toward he and I alike).

xAH said to the younger of our daughters "come give me a hug right now- don't make me wait".

He tried to make it sound joking like but it came off as a demand and I cringed.

She went and hugged him and he then commented "that's all you have to give me? I want a real hug".

Again, I cringed.

This same daughter scurried off to get a picture she said she had drawn for him and came back with it and proudly gave it to him and said that she hoped he liked it.

His response: "wow that is beautiful and it reminds me of the super hot girls I saw in Spain when I was there in 98".

At that point I could not contain myself and asked him what in gods name was wrong with him and may have referred to him as being Trumps long lost twin.

He replied "come on, I'm just being a wise guy" and shrugged it off...

We have 2 daughters, and that's how he speaks/behaves.

Demands hugs, criticizes the affection they do show him and speaks about "hot girls" to his 8 and 11 yr old daughters.

I wished them a lovely afternoon and told the girls to be good and have fun and they left.

I went for a LONG run so as to not lose my mind over the insanity of xAH's commentary and now Im thinking about it again after seeing a worksheet on body image my 11 yr old did in health class, and am just appalled at the "model" their father sets for them.

Thanks for listening! Rant over.