View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ooona

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
My sources were a physician who specialized in addiction and recovery interviewed on a recovery podcast, "Unpickled" that I listen to. This was in late april or early may, I think. And another physician interviewed on an hour devoted to addiction and dependency on Sirius Dr. Radio, channel 110. This was sometime in spring, I think. Sorry I can't be more specific. Any sources of any kind about alcohol dependency are always much appreciated by me. Thanks.
I think I may have heard the same or similar podcast.

Also I believe that there is somewhat of a swing in the thinking process by addiction therapists, doctors, treatment programs etc of the definition of success when it comes to treatment programs or recovery as a whole. Whereas the previous best practices looked at success as lifelong abstinence, there seems to be a shift towards viewing each and every day sober as a success, each period of time being abstinent from alcohol or other drugs as success, that periods of sobriety (even if relapse occurs) lend themselves to shorter relapses and lowered amounts of AoD used during relapses. I cant cite any actual clinical double blind studies for that information but it is becoming common within the field. It seems that the addiction field as a whole is changing some of their views on the term 'success' .

But regardless of any of that, Congratulations Jim!! Whatever works for you is absolutely PERFECT! One day at a time buddy just keep adding up those days!