Old 10-15-2016, 09:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Praying

My married boss made a serious, repeated pass at me on a business trip (I was also married), and kept hitting on me in conference rooms and such after getting back home...I asked him not to but he thought I was "just kidding" even though I was very clear...I was so uncomfortable I decided I couldn't work there anymore.

Kudos to my company who said--wait a minute--please don't quit...looked into it, and fired him three days later...with him still saying "I don't see what the problem is"...

That was 15 years ago and I still work there. Awesome company. BUT, even though I consider myself a strong woman, I completely understand why women don't speak out and just walk away instead. Someday I'll write my book and share the experience. It felt horrendously shameful even though I did nothing wrong. And I was so afraid to be labeled a liar, or a tease, or who knows what...

Down the road it resulted in depositions, which was even worse as his lawyer tried to make me look bad and twist everything...but he didn't get a dime!!!