View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by Boleo View Post
On the other hand, whenever I see or her of someone relapsing with solid gold recovery (6 months or 6 decades - makes no difference)
That's the thing. There's no such thing as "solid gold recovery." My sponsor tells me often - and she says it to others- that she has not seen anyone work as hard a program as I do. So what? To me, that means I am working hard to live my best life and always, always, always (always) have to keep in mind that I could decide to throw it away and I am never cured of alcoholism just like the BB warns. And I will always consider myself a newcomer to all of it. There's no award or medal-winning in this deal except "staying sober and not being an a**hole" as one person quipped in a meeting one day.

And anyone who seems to have such a strong program - perhaps as I seem to others- can't be lauded, nor picked apart. We are all human, not special snowflakes, and can only do our best to live what we see others who have what we want, and - bottom line? Have no business picking apart anyone else's program, post-mortem or not. This doesn't mean there aren't lessons to be learned, but the lesson should be....turn to your program, see what YOU can do better, and go try to do it.

Just my $0.02+.