View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Ooona

Good morning! I read through your entire thread this morning. What a beautiful family life you have been blessed with! So many reasons to be sober. I love hearing about your little boy and baby girl, takes me back to my days of early motherhood. Now many years later, I sometimes wish I could go back to those days. I wasnt drinking or using drugs back then but having 3 boys under the age of 5 leaves most of that time a blur. It was all rush rush rush to meet all of their needs.....just wish I could sloooooow it all down so I could have enjoyed it more. I lost my oldest son almost 2 years ago, he passed away. My two other sons now have their own lives with wifes and jobs and other activities.
Yes cherish these times my friend....its true that time sure does fly.

Now I want to give you a bit of feedback. You most definitely seem to have the motivation to be sober, the desire and willingness for recovery but seems your working plan may need a bit of tweaking. You brought up at one point concerns about your husbands drinking. Has their been a resolution around that or some communication with him about your concerns? Any boundaries set to help keep you save? That might be something to do this time around?
I know you love the gym and working out but that in and of itself isnt going to keep us sober. Neither will the kiddos or the job.
They say recovery is an inside job. We must be doing that internal " work" if we hope to stay off the poison. I think you mentioned a need to work on feelings or how you cope with them. I can relate. I used alcohol to check out/numb/relax etc, I get it. Be fore alcohol I used cigarettes, relationships, food, sex, my codependency. I had patterns of using anything and everything to cope with un pleasurable feelings. Could this be true of you as well?
Maybe you need to be building some sort of sober support in real life....maybe via AA or church or Smart Recovery or ___________________ ( fill in the blank).

Anyway, just some feedback to hopefully help you with becoming and remaining sober......joyous, happy and free!

I read the thread below this morning too. Tons of excellent advice for us!
Best wishes and be blessed!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...king-plan.html