View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Overs,
What a nice set of posts. Everyone is chugging along, those who need to work are, and then some for IP.

Sassy,
I won't initiate any contact with my oldest. He is lost right now and into meth I believe. But we love him, despite how difficult he was while we were responsible for him until 18.

However,
Should he need some non monetary support to get clean and sober, as family we will help but not carry, comfort him but not to where we are unable to feel secure in our own lives. We were caring for parents, now just one, who earned our respect, and vice versa. Even when drinking we never had issues with family or the law, nor acted out at them. Our children should be earning enough to not only stand on their own, but take care of us in our autumn years. My youngest wants us to move there to be there for our grandson, and so they won't have to care for us long distance. Sassy, I know how you feel and you know you're not alone.

My aunt is in Boca Raton in the direct path. My cousins just behind Ft. Lauderdale. I spoke with my aunt last night and they refuse to evacuate. I fear for them. Nothing I can do, no anxiety just a prayer into the ether that the universal force might be less deadly than the storm might be.

All the military planes and choppers from FL have been flying into our base here all day. The flight line is packed with aircraft. We have a spare bedroom and will see if they need billets for some troops.

Toots,
You are a hoot. Keep your head down and indoors if the winds start blowing debris.

Everyone else, we are here for you too. I have been tied up with dumping and spreading three dump truck loads of gravel. My friend who brought his dump truck full of gravel and trailer with his medium track hoe and 550 Deere bulldozer to do my driveway water culvert, dirt work, and moving our carport back where it belongs. We got tired of waiting for a year. We have our parking back! I'll post some pics tomorrow. We have been goin and blowin until dark for two days now and will finish up tomorrow or Saturday if the rain holds off.

Bushed, nite all!