View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
jimmyc

Originally Posted by zjw View Post

Me with my debt I had a bit more in debt and I quit paying it all. it was like an instean pay raise instantly it was like having a ton of bricks lifted off my shouders it was really liberating. then about 6 months later i worked out debt settlements with all my creditors and have remained debt free since. For me this was the best strategy. I pondered bankruptcy and everything else. I had to realize that this was not and should not be asome kind of emotional decision some kind of freak out fest. it was just a bsuiness transaction people do these things every single day theres laws and rules that protect said folks and so on in these situations. Its not that big of a deal just have to figure out how to navigate it is all.

I hope it eases up some.
You can understand where I'm coming from with this madness. However, I can't just forget about this debt - I took it out in good faith and I'll pay it back in good faith, it's just tearing my apart right now. I may have my sanity but a my also go insolvent, and I really don't want that at 23 years old.

As someone said above, take time off if you need time off - I'm thinking that's probably best, otherwise if i'm at work i'll be making all sorts of silly decisions and actions, probably not for the better.... I will get an appointment with the docs tomorrow I think.

Thanks everyone who's replied who have let me know they're there - I appreciate it.