View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
tekink

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
What I did lines up with this post pretty well. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ined-long.html

I made the choice black and white - have another drink, buy another bottle, pass out again, and lose my physical and mental health, my family, my home, my job, OR quit drinking and demand of and for myself a better life, a life I deserve. No gray areas. A simple choice with two clear options.

There were no white knuckles, no hanky twisting, no daily debate and no conditions I had to meet to obtain and maintain my sobriety. It was such a relief to know I would never experience those awful hangovers, the shame, guilt, anxiety and fear. It was done. And I am sober.

People quit drinking every day, and you can be one of them. Are you ready to make your plan about continuing to use alcohol? Keep posting, Sobersolistice, OK?

While I've not quit for long (today is day17) but this time around day 4 I found the AVRT, RR site and read the crash course. At that point I knew what I had to do. I made a commitment to myself that I'd never drink again, ever. This time I don't have cravings as I did the other times I'd quit and fall off. I feel like garbage, but I know why so I'm just waiting it out.