Old 09-28-2016, 07:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Lilro

Thank you @thephoenixrises. Calling the police on someone you love, learning they cheated on you, lied, having to go scoop them up in their own urine, vomit, and feces after they holed up in a hell hole for a week drinking themselves to death, destroying your apartment, verbally abusing you, and then doing it on a regular basis for the last year, all while married to another woman with a child he never sees (separated) and unable to divorce and face responsibility, the addict still becomes frustrated that I am not OK post- binge.

So, what is it that you love about him? If all of the above is true, what is he doing for you? What does he bring to the table other than that ^^^? What would you tell your best friend or sister if they came to you with this?
It's exhausting, isn't it? Step away and look in. How do you see your life in a year from now?
There will come a day when you will be just sooooo mentally drained from all this chaos. Thankfully it sounds like it's going to be sooner than later. Know this, there is NOTHING you can do or say that is going to make him " see the light " until HE is ready. NOTHING. Think about these questions I posed to you. You don't have to answer them on this forum but please just think about them.
There is so much more to life than cleaning up someone else's mess. I know you deserve better, you don't know but I know. Keep posting. We are here for you!
Ro
Oh and P.S. Cheating is a whole other issue. Don't mix the two.