View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Whodathunk

Working while drinking/drunk

I have my own small business and as I look back in my quickbooks it is utterly amazing at how many entry errors I had in that last year when I was spiraling down to my personal bottom. The question is not Did I invoice all my customers?, but rather, How many invoices were never processed and sent out? (it is no wonder that a few customer like me so much!!!!!). I look at it as a learning experience to go back now and see how many **** ups I made while running my business back then. I don't know how much money I lost, but I am still here, my business survived and is back on track. Before starting on my own, I was in sales for a large company, 100% commission, and if you hit your numbers no one cared what you did. If you made a profit for the team, you are left alone. Well, that was when I learned that I could drink and work and "thought" that I was being a high functioning drinker, but in hind site I was simply a drunk who was hitting his goals and no doubt my customers knew I was having problems back then.

I am grateful for a HP that guided me through those years and that I am still here today and sober. Yesterday was a very hard day for me, but as usual "this too shall pass" happened, and it always will. Not drinking will allow the 'pass' part to be quickly overcome after it has passed.

Just having some time tonight to reflect back on that awful period and so blessed to have survived it one day at a time. Sometimes a minute at a time.