View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Good evening Overs!

Sassy,
I never heard of those pills to eliminate the buzz. Me there is no desire. The only time I thought of having to do it all over again was during the first month or two of my PAWS. And then it was not to drink but to stop the memory issues, the wild mood swings, the bowel disruptions from one extreme to the other, a couple of panic attacks which I'd never had but once in my life. My F2F AA meetings gave me reassurance that I was not going to have the PAWS permanently, and that most likely they would disappear with a bit more time. I had the same thing here on SR but it took both to get through my first three months. Like I said, I think it was the combination of quitting drinking more than 30 units a day of alcohol, and quitting my smoking three packs at least a day of cigarettes, at the same time that threw my whole mind and body out of whack.

Wolf,
Sounds like a wonderful dream.

Mags,
The US has not made many shows from the POV of the older folks save for "Golden Girls," and "Hot In Cleveland." I love the Brit shows and stars as well as ours, they don't mind us sharing.

There will always be a Kim Jong-Un, Hitler, or Stalin in the world. They must not be the only armed actors on the world stage.

FBL,
I don't think any chance of wanting alcohol happening here either.
I keep forgetting you don't do TV at all. You do know that over the air (OTA) is still out there for networks news and shows free, and HD? We like the OTA for news and some network shows. We have put up an outside antenna finally just yesterday off the eave of the roof. IT is an Omni and I had a four output pro amp installed to be the splitter: Electroline Eda 2400 4 Port Cable TV HDTV Signal Booster Amplifier Retail New | eBay all installed yesterday. We are slowly getting the new house equipped the way we want. I also do buy BluRay when we can for a buck each, $2 at most from Goodwill yard sales and Pawn shops. Most would be surprised but you have to go at least a few times a week like I do for fun. That amp was bought at the local Goodwill, new in the packaging for $3.99. If it failed to work I could always buy a new one. But it works great, as any new item should. And now we have four active pre installed TV wall outlets. I will keep the flat amplified and the small pull out indoor antennas in case.

Better Call Saul Season 1 (and 2 will be there soon) is on Netflix, I will binge 1 and 2 when it comes out then catch up live on AMC (via Sling TV) Monday nights at 9 Central.

Star, Sassy, IP, and Mags,
That was one of my favorites too and William Shatner played in the original, and John Lithgow when they did a remake. Here is the YouTube comparison between the original and the remake with lots of info in the verbiage below the video:

FTG,
I'm glad it was a good send off and goodbye for you. Pink sounds great too, with good memories.

We had the antenna done yesterday and today the A/C , still under warranty had the leaking evaporator (inside) A frame coil replaced and the refrigerant refilled. No leaks now. No charge thank goodness. It froze up and no air could go through the day before the warranty ran out and they made sure it was no charge for us.

Now I need to go and get a 3/4" 45° PVC coupler to extend the drain to the back of the house. It was in a bad place and pooling. Drains are nice because with no pressure they hold together and do not leak without glue, just twisted on firmly

Last edited by Dee74; 09-27-2016 at 10:37 PM.