View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Optimini

I hope your husband will be supportive, and I do think it's great that you "survived" this encounter. It just wouldn't be something I would choose to go to and perhaps have to deal with- not even earlier on, and still not at going on 8 months.
I wasn't tempted at all.....I know everyone is different and some people struggle with going out, that's not my main issue. I was more of a 'get a bottle and drink the whole thing at home after work' kind of gal.
Also, going to places surrounded with total strangers stresses me out - there's an event on Wednesday that a co-worker is severely pressuring me to go to where I'd have two choices : drink wine and talk to strangers. Yeah, not going to that. I do not attend anything where the only thing to do is drink. Food, music, etc that is ok, at least for me.
My husband has been supportive. He's actually almost stopped having liquor in the house totally, he's weaned himself down quite a bit. And, he likes have a designated driver so there's another reason I can't drink when we go out and we both know it.
I also think having my anniversary on a Sunday really helps, makes me very aware of exactly how much effort I'd be throwing away with a slip up.