View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
PiratePrentice

Originally Posted by NoelleR View Post
Hey PP, I've noticed that you've used the term 'advice' a number of times, and a 'telling' someone something (ie: what to do or not do).....

You've only been abstinent/sober for a minute. You might want to rephrase what you have to say and make them 'suggestions;' especially suggestions backed by your own experience (with whatever it is you're suggesting). Suggestions go over way better than advice, and experience is a great foundation.................

(o:
You're completely right, though I think that may just be the semantics I used in this thread. Going back through my posts, any "advice" I offered was either actually a suggestion, or was disclaimed with the fact that I relapsed and have only been sober for a few days. I've done a good job of being upfront about that. So you're right that I need to be more careful with my language, but I think the advice/suggestion mix-up is limited to the language I used in this thread. I'll be careful not to use it elsewhere. Thanks for the... advice, haha.