Old 09-20-2016, 07:45 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
wpainterw

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Kangaroos are kind of precious to me Bill.

No, we don't have Thanksgiving here at all here, so it really will be lovely....hopefully it will work out.
They are precious to me too, along with Koala Bears. But I have not yet developed a fondness for crocodiles nor they for me. Rather like the "Dream People".

Didn't realize that you were staying in the U.S. as long as Thanksgiving. That's Nov. 24. New England specializes in that kind of thing and the leaves are hopefully still lovely. Keats at his best. Hope you can find your way to Boston! When it comes to turkey, I like the stuffing the best, then the cranberry sauce, then maybe oysters, creamed chestnuts, mashed sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top. Pumpkin pie is boring. Instead of turkey, Honey baked ham is good. Traditional Virginia ham, unless honey baked, is too salty for my taste. The Virginians didn't seem to mind that maybe because they could wash it down with wine and brandy.
They say the Pilgrims sat down with the friendly Indians but a recent author suggested that Miles Standish, a bloodthirsty little fellow, may have skipped dinner to go shooting them like deer. I had an ancestor who favored hunting them with dogs but was concerned only about what breed to choose. Rather like Tasmania I would think.

Bill.

Last edited by wpainterw; 09-20-2016 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Hunger