Thread: The Cycle
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 08:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
LBrain

It happened for me on day one. And I never looked back.

I understand what you are saying Behappy. But the fact remains, that you CAN make the decision and stick with it. I struggled with cravings very much in the beginning. And whenever I did, I stopped what I was doing and logged on to this forum, and I either read or posted. I also went to over 100 meetings in the first 90 days, and continued going to meetings for a year+. I ate a lot of chocolate to help me get through the cravings. I did what I needed to do to protect myself from myself. I'm sure nobody here doesn't want to stop.
I am hoping to give people a psychological advantage, to take charge of their own destiny, to empower themselves, and to own it.

My point is, regardless of what you do to help you get over the 'hump' so to speak, that making the decision, that final decision, and sticking with it, will do a lot more than hoping and praying you finally get it and it sticks.
Use whatever terminology you want, but making it a choice and choosing to not drink puts the person in charge of themselves. It is a choice after all...