View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Well, given the way your courts handle protection orders, I personally don't see that there is much benefit. IMO, abuse of the court system (false reports, etc.) OUGHT to be treated as something warranting a protection order, but given that you won't get a final order out of it, I'm not sure what the benefit to you would be.

If you need supervised visitation, I'd go through the regular family court process. It doesn't help your credibility to be filing for protection orders you know you aren't going to get.

Just my two cents on the subject.

The bolded part is my feeling too-- false reports and harassing someone by falsely sending cops to ones house should warrant throwing someone in jail... But here all the cops could offer was to suggest I could try for a Restraining Order if I wanted one. I f'ing hate my state.

I was all set this morning to file a protective order but even if I get one temporarily, all it means is that I have to see him in 10-30 days to argue why it ought to continue and that to me is risky... It gives him the chance to get his smarmy weasel lawyer again who knows his client is a loser but enjoys making money and this one small thing could make me be in court endlessly...

I think I will continue to let him hang himself with his behavior and when and if HE chooses to ask the court to have driving and overnights back, I will come in with all my evidence to show that it's not a good idea...

And in the meantime, if he ever calls to have the police come to my house again, I get the sense from the cops who showed up, that they have had just about enough of his antics too and he will start facing consequences for his games with them too I hope.