Old 09-18-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Lightning Bug
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

The latest is nothing! I used my tools and got past it without a thought. Of course I won't forget about it, but I won't dwell on it. Blip on the radar. No thoughts of taking more, finding my DOC, or drinking.

What confuses me is that I am on that med myself. I have my own, it is doled out to me, but it is not like I don't take it everyday. The only thing I can think of is that it is doled out to me and kept in a safe. I filled this prescription, so it was in my greedy little hands. Old habits I think. Just snuck up on me.

I am not considering it more than a mistake.

Thanks so much for your support!

Originally Posted by finaltime View Post
Morning Bug. whats the latest. what did you do yesterday after this happened. we are here for you. I have been where you are at more times than I can count. I remember one time I stole pills from my brother while we were on vacation, and he only had 3. so I took one. The rest of the trip I was a mess, figured he would find out for sure and I had been doing so well. I just couldn't fight it. This is when I think the disease is bigger than us and if we don't have the tools in place before we are around or when we are around drugs we are not able to fight the urge. I mean who would want to ruin their whole vacation by stealing a single pill, and I was such a mess when I saw the pills in the bathroom. It was all I could think about. How I could get he pill, how I could play it off, then after how I could deny it??? I had been caught so many times stealing from my brother and his wife and my wife parents. Lord. I am so glad today I don't have to do that. I can be in there house and not search for their pills. I am trusted by them.

You know what though? All of that was part of my journey. When I look back now I can see how sick I was. I was sooooo sick. I didn't have any idea how sick I was.

we love you man. Don't be hard on yourself. Get honest.