Old 09-13-2016, 03:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by JudicatorPanzer View Post
Yes the common welfare has to come first. And if her outbursts could upset someone enough into drinking that would terrible and defeat the purpose.
WHOA. There is common welfare, and group "peace" matter - but that does NOT mean that anyone is responsible for anyone else's choice to drink. Period, full stop. That's not what common welfare is responsible for or means.

I have been troubled by people at meetings; one time a gentleman came in the middle of a meeting, screaming and cursing. He's a known problem and I believe has been put on "temporary ban" (at the big clubhouse I go to, there are temporary, ie 6mo, and permanent - a list is posted on the wall where announcements go). Another time, a man showed up and sat next to me, clearly drunk and smelling and near passing out. In both situations, I had to take it back to step one- I am powerless over alcohol - I am also powerless over others.

Sometimes, an AA meeting/clubhouse is the only safe place someone can go without fear of being arrested, etc. There is a line for balancing that sanctity being offered and someone abusing it.

My suggestion, too, is that you focus on you. You can be a friend in spirit, and separate yourself from her behavior and situations. That is ok and still supportive. I'd also....stay away from what sounds like drama and gossip. Truly- not your circus, not your monkeys.