Old 09-10-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Belated welcome to weekenders, Helen. No, ther's never a good time to quit. Your AV is a master at throwing out excuses for why you should wait one more day, one more week, one more month before giving it a go. I kinda think being in the middle of a huge undertaking like a house remodel is a good time to quit. You certainly have a lot of other stuff to focus on, rather than drinking! Plus, think about how much nicer the final result will be. I know any sort of home improvement I ever did while drinking always was a bit sloppier than it could otherwise have been.

Everyone else, good to see you. Welcome to all the other newcomers. I'm glad you are all with us! I echo Ken in saying that everyone should check in this morning. Let's get this thread rocking today!

Cut out of the office yesterday at 12:30 to come home to clean. Kids were at school and my youngest was napping, so it was some quiet time with my wife, cleaning up my 7yo's room in preparation for the party ("disaster" does not begin to describe the state it was in). We often do our best bonding when we're working on a task together. It was a lovely way to spend some time with her, and helped remind me that asking her to marry me almost 20 years ago (!) was one of the best decisions of my life.

Then the kids got home. Quiet time, OVER! I cleaned bathrooms, swept, mopped, vacuumed, dusted, straightened, etc. etc. etc. She baked cakes, cookies, cupcakes, got party favors together, and everything else. With the exception of the kitchen, the house is spic and span. It's nice to have the cleaning out of the way. My job today is to be my wife's gopher. "Yes Ma'am." My reward will be a heaping dish of ice cream and watching the Badger game later tonight (on the DVR).

Peace all. Happy sober Saturday!

(See, I told you I would be able to do complete sentences after coffee. Apparently I can't stop typing now. Hmm. Maybe a little too much coffee. Should probably go put this extra energy to use!)