Thread: Hangover
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by feeling-good View Post
Welcome to SR!

The only way to make a change is to take one tiny step at a time. I'm hoping for a good sober day for you Benjamin . If you feel so inclined, I highly recommend going to a meeting of AA; it is not the only way to get or remain sober but, for me, it has been an essential part of remaining sober. I go twice a week to meetings and have over 3.5 years of sobriety now - when I was first trying to get sober I really struggled to think past a day or a week without a drink, but it absolutely is possible.

I wish you the very best
^This!

Today, take care of yourself. You may have some apologizing to do- in a sense, that is secondary to not drinking. Today would indeed be a great day to go to an AA meeting- one way of perhaps taking off the immediate stress of "oh my God, what have I done, now I've really screwed things up" is that part of your apology is acknowledging you have a problem and saying what you are going to do TODAY. Just today.

You can do it.

Hope to see you around. We know how you feel and also know you can find a different life.