Old 09-10-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

Checking in for Sober Saturday.

Sobriety creates a new normal. When I quit the last time I would lament about my loss of partying on a Friday or a Saturday night when the time came.

Today I reflect on how my thinking pattern has changed into my appreciation for weekend days and all the possibilities. Something I could never do when I was drinking because it consumed everything. Me, my time, and every moment on the weekends. If I wasn't doing it I was thinking about it.

I never imagined myself being happy to go grocery shopping, doing housework, and planning a great dinner and what movie I'd be watching on Saturday night. I even laugh as I type that remembering the old me saying "boooooooooooooooring" in my head. It feels good to know what it's like to truly appreciate tasks in life minus alcohol.

It's life, it's real, and I love it.

Finished watching "Rectify" on Netflix on the spin bicycle. On to "The Returned" next. I refuse to get on the scale but my clothes are telling me that great things are happening! Heading into week 6 of the 2 month plan (which will be continued). Feeling better, lighter, and more focused.

Have a great Sober Saturday everyone!