Thread: Hard times
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 03:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by Gr8ful22 View Post
The first time that I heard that things would get worse before they get better, I thought if I give up alcohol everything will get better. I've been having a hard time in early recovery, I am attending meetings and working the steps, but as I uncover the wreckage my drinking has caused over the last 13 years, it is hard to like the man I see in the mirror.

I guess the positive thing today was, I woke up and I didnt have to drink.
i can really relate to this. i didnt like one dam thing about me when i was lookin at me.
thats where my sponsor stepped in. ill share what he said:
- quit kikin yourself in the ass. your not a bad man, just a sick man. a bad man wouldnt feel like crap lookin at what theyve done.pray on it.
- good- youre lookin at your past. youre workin on the causes and conditions. youre working to change you. youre not that man even today, so stop kikin yourself. pray on it.
- youre not a bad man gettin good. youre a sick man gettin well.quit kikin yourself in the ass.pray on it.
- tom, youre kikin yourself in the ass again. time to back up a few steps.pray on it
- tom, quit kikin yourself in the ass. thats what you used to be like. youre not that man even today and youre workin at getting further away from him.pray on it.

notice the 2 themes there?