Thread: New to this
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
August252015

Welcome!

I noticed that I had about a week or so being very emotional, and a lot of the "mean reds" a la Audrey Hepburn, around 4mo; I had a very emotional delayed reaction after I did my 4th step, about 51/2 mos. Last week, I had a similar emotional week as I did around 4, and I am going on 7mo. Things like fatigue, and specific "events" like big family stuff, as well as good, growing emotional stuff, gets me towards overwhelmed.

How is your sleep, eating, what you do with any down time? I find that pausing - whether I just take myself out of the room for a few minutes, or whether I use my "send myself to bed early" technique, and sometimes just shutting off all my devices (cell, internet, whatever) and something like a happy movie, that kind of stuff helps me get through the minor tumult. I can't let it build, though- I talk to my (sober) bf, my sponsor, my mom, I go to meetings, I read the BB and pray.....

What kind of program are you doing? Are you in the March (April?) class on here? 5 months is great- it keeps getting better. Glad you're here!