Old 08-31-2016, 01:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bexxed

First congrats on your sober time. Truly amazing.

I have never done meth. And thank god. I really didn't know much about it and frankly fifteen years ago if it was handed to me in the right (read: wrong) circumstance - I probably would have.

What I know about it right now is in relation to a brutal child rape and homicide in my area of the country - southwest USA. A closet meth user was complicit in watching and standing by while her own small daughter was raped and murdered by her secret meth head boyfriend and his cousin. It has rocked my community and horrified me so much.

I understand addiction or so I thought, but this level of addiction and what a high and lack of sleep does to a person was shocking. I read everything I could about meth.

We are all responsible for what we do under the influence and substances kill, as we all know here. Meth seems to me to be a particular flavor of horrendous and if anyone I knew was actively using it, I would immediately eliminate them from my life.

To be clear I'm not saying one substance is better or worse than another in order to imply that any should be used or abused. I'm raw from the part that this substance, used secretively, has played in this horrific crime here. Everyone who knew this woman is shocked and by all accounts she was a perfectly normal and healthy person prior to this crime.

Not something I would want in my life in any way.