View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kris47

Hello ,Sunshine.

I get it. I too am a chronic insomniac. I know all the "fixes" both natural and most of the pharmeuceuticals. I know bedtime protocol. I use all the things you mention plus I wear orange blockers, and unplug my electronics at night. I've also tried sleep restriction. I eat no sugar. I block out and cover all light. Some things like trazadone used to help me. Even Benadryl and melatonin would. After a few months I am always right back where I started. I have just quit taking 2 Benadryl as they no longer work anyway nor the melatonin. I am lucky to get 1-3 hours of sleep every few days. I am going to try and clear out my whole system ( the Benadryl) and then see what transpires after a few weeks. I like you struggle. Most people think we are talking about an occasional thing. I am happy that I only have one problem now, the insomnia and not the alcoholism, too. ( ODAAT). I will not drink over this as I used to relapse for sleep. My brain just will not shutdown. It remains hyperactive. I do not worry about it anymore except I would really like to find something to help.I am going to find a solution. I just wanted to let you know I understand what you are fighting. Best Wishes.