Old 08-28-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Delilah1

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Thanks guys. I'll take a look at that list in a bit. I'm not feeling well tonight.

Ok Delilah now that makes me feel responsible! What do you do to feel better? I have a lot of sadness in my life that will likely never be resolved from early trauma, so don't use me as a barometer- I have faith things will go much better for you in a shorter amount of time. I had benzos in the mix too and those things can really mess you up!

Dame thank you! Pondlady thank you too, I like your new avatar
Hi Sleepie,

You are an excellent guide because you just keep putting one foot in front of the other and sticking with your sobriety even when things are tough.

I do some of the things I mentioned. I love to walk, and make it a point to build walks into my day to allow me to clear my head. I journal to let my emotions out whether they are happy, sad or angry. I have three kids, so they keep me busy, but finding time for me is critical. I love reading, it is easy to escape in a book for me.

Finances are always a big stressor for me, and it seems like somethings always happens that sets me back in this area. Yesterday I spent time analyzing expenses and eliminating some that are not needed, including my home phone which we never use. I woke up very worried about money with a sinking feeling in my stomach and then I spent the day making a few small changes that will allow us to save and still do things as a family. They were small changes but I was able to control them. I still have more debt than I would like to think about, but I was able to start making small positive changes.

I have dealt with some difficult things in the past, and I know I can't change them. I try to think of everything as an opportunity to learn. It may be something I would never do again. It may be a way that I would never act toward others because I do not want someone to ever feel how I did in a particular situation. Also, think about finding a counselor to help you deal with whatever traumas you faced in the past.

Try reading up a little on mindfulness, start with one thing you can do to make a positive impact on you or someone you care about. Try some breathing techniques to help you remain in the here and now. I am a worrier by nature, so this is something I added to my recovery when I decided to be done forever in January. I really think it is the tool that helps me the most.

Hope this week brings you lots of love and laughter.

❤️ Delilah