Old 08-27-2016, 12:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
zjw

8 months with no benzos why bother with them now? whats different about now vs the last 8 months that you cant go another day with out them?

theres a zen story about a guy who goes to a meditation retreet. for a week he is going to be locked in his room with nothing and focus just on meditation and silence. he's so excited to go and be there. He arrives they lock in him the room he walks around thinking this is just great etc.. as time passes he starts getting frustrated wondering when they will bring him his food and why has the monk not come to check on him etc... Finally in comes the monk and asks if everything is ok. they guy replies that he's very frustrated now and no nothigns ok etc.. the monk walks in the room look around and says well nothings any different in the room now vs a few hours ago what has changed? then closes the door and leaves.

Hang in there.

I agree on the tough love i get the same vibe from it too. For me tho tough love has a time and a place and is better reveived from some vs others its just how i'm wired. 2 people could say almost the same tough love thing to me one I might thank the other might just tick me off. Just how I am I guess.