View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 07:22 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
immri

Still here and happily sober it's been so busy at all my jobs lately (normally at least one is quiet!) so I've been running around like mad. One of the places I work keeps having functions with plenty of wine which isn't great but hasn't really been tempting.

The only thing getting to me is the change of weather! It's getting warmer here in Aus and I have a habit of thinking I'll have one or two glasses of wine once the weather changes. I think it's because everyone goes out so much more and work events go later into the evening which means more booze. Where I live there's a big culture of outdoor summer night events with alcohol everywhere. In the past after periods of sobriety I've almost always started drinking in these situations. I think it's because everyone seems so relaxed and just having a few casual drinks, as opposed to big parties which I know to avoid and don't tempt me. It's the more relaxed drinking situations that get me. So I'm trying to be aware of that and post here when I have that stupid thought of drinking like a normal person - which I obviously cannot do!!