View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 09:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT: please pray for my mom

If I can impose on the forum...

My 84 yo mom is in the hospital with divirticulitis, she is on a liquid diet. She had a bad reaction for the one day they tried to give her solids. She's had bowel problems for a while, not sure how long but she's lost a lot of weight and is very weak. They are giving her meds which seem to help a little but she remains weak and if she does not show improvement very fast (like tomorrow) they'll most likely do surgery very quickly.

I'm 3,000 miles away. I'm so scared. If she improves I'll go when she gets home and I can help her. It's an awful time for me to be away from work but if they say surgery I'll go immediately. We (my brothers and I) keep getting different reports from the doctors. One dr gave a very bad diagnosis that has since been contradicted. It's so frustrating and confusing.

I find myself bargaining with God, if He heals her I'll be a better daughter, I'll go to NY more often, just please help her. It's awful to hear her out of it and depleted. She can be bossy but she's probably the best person I know and I have never ever heard her like this, not when my dad died, not when her own parents and sister and brother died. It's so sad and scary.