View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

There are times/contexts were i don't even agree with the appropriateness of the term and its usage.
At times it can be too 'AV-friendly' .
"I've relapsed" or "this is third relapse in x-amount of time" unless the term is used specifically to describe a return to using/drinking, in a verbal shorthand way, the term it self can take on different connotations, like relapse being a part of recovery. I doubt anyone would be comfortable agreeing with someone who said " I drank a bottle of whisky, that's part of my recovery"
It would be truer and more helpful for someone trying to quit recognize that a return to drinking means they have yet to find a way . The prolific use of the term seems to distract from the actual situation being described. allowing for 'relapse(s)' plays into the designs of the AV and the blurring of the lines opens the door for continued self intoxication. Both during the 'episode' and for working against resolve to guarantee the absence of another.
I stopped drinking thousands of times in the past , so far I only quit once by planning to never again drink, I'm too weak for my plan to incorporate the idea that I may.