Old 08-23-2016, 08:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Nalanda

Originally Posted by skylove2016 View Post
When I am confronted with drugs or alcohol, I will do this:

1) Take a breath and recognize my addiction and say no thanks
2) Say no thanks and ask for water instead
3) Go to the bathroom or a safe place and check in on sober recovery forum

What do you do? Any ideas of what to add to the list? I need a plan with options for staying and living sober.
__________________________________________________ _____
The last four months I was teetotal and happy.

I was not going to pubs because I didn't want to. So I think the only times I have been in the company of people drinking is going out for dinner and a handful of barbecues this summer, where the consumption of alcohol was quite low and nobody said anything to me when I drank ice tea. The gf gets a bottle of wine every now and then but ends up never finishing it. I suppose these are the decent people in my life when I think about it.

This weekend I drank and some and now I am fvcking miserable. There will be a brief period of darkness and time spent in bed before I pick myself up and get on with it.

Why did I drink/use? I allowed someone to "twist my arm". Let's just put it that way. It's still my responsibility at the end of the day.

If we don't win, we learn.

What's to be learned: I cannot change other people or events. I realize that there are always going to be people who will want to "twist my arm". I cannot change them only my reaction to them...

but you know what? Why should I give a fvck about their opinion. My "friend" who twisted my arm is not knocking on my door right now, picking up the pieces.

So the only thing I need to say if anybody asks "are you not drinking?" is I DON'T DRINK!!!

Why would a person who does not drink, drink.