Old 08-23-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
bandicoot2
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hi Jannies,

I am attempting to fall asleep, it is not going well!! Good first day of the week at work, nonstop, but that makes the days go fast. I went to the knee doctor to get cortisone shots today, they aren't working nearly as well, so they are sending me to a consult with a surgeon in Friday. We shall see what they say. The good news is I was able to answer the following questions easily:
Do you smoke? No, never did
Do you drink alcohol? No:-)
Are you overweight? No:-) losing 37 pounds out me back in the healthy weight zone for my height!!

I am only 45 which is young for the surgery, but there is a possibility of partial knee replacements, which would be an easier recovery, and I would possibly be able to do at the same time and miss minimal work. Also, I want to be able to hike, walk steps, and do yoga with no pain/problem.

My appointment is Friday morning, so I will go to work for two hours, leave and then head back. There are some advantages to being in charge, and goodness knows I put in many extra hours both at work and from home!

I am going to attempt to fall asleep now. If any of you have experience with partial or total knee replacement please chime in!!

❤️ Delilah
Good for you on checking NO to those health questions.

As a caregiver I have lots of second-hand experience with knee replacement surgery! I'll pm you later today. Take care and hope you got some sleep.....-