View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 08:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
vaya

The hospital's idea of handling it was giving him some bus tokens and saying goodbye. AS did call when his phone was dying not sure how to get to sober living place. I wound up meeting him nearer to me and taking him there, since I did have his stuff in the car. He wound up coming back my way with me and hanging out for a while. I know you think I shouldn't have done that, but I did and I still let him know he had to go to the sober living place, which he did.

I hate all of this and sometimes this site. He was clean today, yet I sent him away, largely at the advice of many here. He had agreed to go there so he went.

The place is pretty run down and bad and most of the people there are mentally disturbed. I'd feel a lot better if it wasn't such a bad place. When he asked my why there, Isaid he was using so much in my house and I'd had enough and that was the best thing I could think of that was no so far into the ghetto and that would probably be somewhat more understanding so he didn't get kicked out after a couple days.
I'm really upset. I understand that he has to get the message that what he's been doing everytime he comes here is not ok.
He says he wants to stay clean, but still doesn't think meetings will help him.

I probably shouldnt' have even interacted that much with him today and just left him at the place. I don't want to feel like I'm punishing him, although using heroin in my house is wrong. It's easier to turn him out when he's loaded. But when he's sober???? i feel I made a mistake tonight.