View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
zerothehero
waking down

Thanks. I found some related reading and then the wacky article I posted above. Bottom line is AA seems to work as well as CBT or motivational interviewing or nothing at all.

I'm actually doing really well, but I do get hung up with this AA thing in a bit of a cycle. I don't think about it for days or weeks, and then... This time I just happened to be in the city and had an hour. I had never been to a speaker meeting, so I thought I'd check it out. The speaker didn't show and the host became the speaker and it was just sad and miserable all around. I guess I want to feel good enough about AA to recommend it to people, but I'm not comfortable at this point suggesting it even to people of faith. It's really not the Higher Power thing that gets me stuck. It's hard to explain, and when I try I just get attacked, so I suppose I gave it my last try. I obviously don't need it, and it just frustrates me, so what's the point? I'm on a successful DIY path, and you're right about finding like-minded people elsewhere.