Old 08-22-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
augustine1

Unhappy New: half a year lost to substance abuse and alcohol.

Hi all:

I was a daily cocaine user. Started in April and lasted until just the other week. I won't go into how much I used a day. It's enough to say it was too much. As my tolerance started growing with the cocaine and I was only experiencing the agitation, no longer the pleasure from the upper effects, I started drinking to even things out. I also started taking benadryl. So basically I was walking around feeling like I had a sheet over my head all day but the withdrawal felt like something worse.

I didn't eat for most of the time I was doing these things and lost a lot of weight.

I finally took control and am going to detox soon, even though I've not used for the past week. The reason I'm going into treatment even though I stopped using is the withdrawal is too difficult. Night sweats are one thing, but the sadness, the black hole of nothing I feel from the dopamine or whatever it is that has plummeted, I can't take it.

I am looking for some support through my sobriety. I never want to pick up a bottle or drugs again.

Augustine.