Old 02-23-2003, 04:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sasha99

thanks

everyone for your kind words.

Much to my surprise, he called me a little while ago and said he loves me and understands what I did I did out of love. He asked me if I'm going to spend the night here at my house and I said yes. I'm going to stay here until he tells me what his plan is for addressing his drinking problem, whether it's therapy or AA or whatever.

I said, you're not just going to walk away from this relationship are you? He said no.

I can tell he's really struggling with this. I'm glad. I'm glad he sees that I'm serious. He praised me a lot for doing what I did. He asked me if he could come out and bring me something to eat. I haven't been home in about three weeks and there's nothing to eat here. I live about 4 miles from town. I wasn't sure how to answer this, but I said he could, but he couldn't be drinking anything here. He said he'd think about it.

I looked at my face in the magnifying mirror for the first time since my shingles diagnosis-- yikes! It's scary. With my eye mostly swollen shut and my scabby face, I look like a creature in a horror movie.