Old 08-21-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
vaya

Glad you're beginning to see the light. A 43 year old man should clearly be able to live on his own and handle things. It's not a question of whether or not there is hope for him, but it sounds like you are coming to terms with the fact that there is no hope in you continuing to rescue him and help him. Only he can do that if he wants the help. Sometimes extreme things like what happened are just the wake up call we need to finally get the fact that we cannot get them sober, no matter how much we help, support, etc. I am learning that the longer I let my AS stay in my house and rescue him every time a situation doesn't work out, the more I am prolonging his addiction and making it easier for him, rather than seek to get help to get clean. I don't know how much $ you invested in the car, but in whatever you decide to do, you probably should make sure your valuable are secure or elsewhere. I don't want to be harsh , but if someone is selling a car and phone to get drugs, who knows what they might do next? Just weigh out the choices carefully and only you can figure out at what cost your sanity, secuirty, and peace is worth waiting to be repaid.