View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Delilah1

Originally Posted by Flower2327 View Post
Thank you, MissPerfumado. This really sticks with me. And the answer is...I don't know. Right now, the difference seems so...murky. (And I know how that sounds).

I know this will sound ridiculous to those of you further along the road, and god knows I've read enough here to know better...but here goes...

Even at this point, I just can't get over these things: no glass of wine at the incredible foodie restaurant (French Laundry, Per Se) I may get to eat at one day; no champagne at my best friend's wedding; no more drinks out with my colleagues. Etc etc et al.

The thought of all that makes me feel, frankly...sad. And weird. And I don't know how I will get over it.
Good morning Flower,

Try to stay focused on the present. You are doing what all of us have done at one point, romanticizing alcohol. You can still have that amazing meal, and remember how wonderful the food was, you can toast with sparkling juice at your best friend's wedding and be present in the start of a beautiful new journey for her. You can skip the work happy hours and meet a friend for a walk, or for a cup of coffee.

Mindfulness is something I have really tried to focus on as part of my recovery plan. It has really helped.

You can do this, what are your plans to stay sober for today?