View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Juno11

I know, right? My dog is only 27 pounds but has so much strength and is low to the ground and can fully knock me over - no more platform sandals!! I was in a rush and was lazy about changing my shoes before work on the walk - dumb!!

I'm very glad you're here, Winslow! Me, you and Midton have dates close together. I'm counting on Midton to lead us through.

I just realized that around the time I was really, really sick from drinking, or had just finished my throwing up, the full moon hit at 5:27 am eastern time. That is when I started getting better, though very slowly at first. Here's a cool article I found on this month's full moon:

Brace yourself for some major celestial multitasking tonight. First, there will be a partial lunar eclipse that, unfortunately for you stargazers out there, won't be visible from Earth. Then at 5:27 a.m. EST Thursday morning, the moon will be totally full, marking the official start of the Corn Moon phase in the Pagan calendar. While you'll be able to see only one of these lunar events, you'll be sure to feel the effects of both.

Every month's full moon is cause for celebration and reflection, though what you celebrate and reflect upon may vary from month to month. This month, the Corn Moon is all about laying the groundwork for things to come. In the same way that corn must be planted and cultivated in order to grow, you must set your intentions and see them through before you can reap the benefits of your work.

It might not be the most fun ritual imaginable, but now's the perfect time to think about the tasks and decisions you've been putting off. Anything that you might call a sacrifice now will pay off later in the year. This month could see you tackling an unpleasant assignment at work or addressing a relationship that's recently become difficult. Think of it as a chance for some late-summer cleansing.

As we said before, this month's eclipse won't be much to look at, but these intention-setting rituals will get a boost from its activity all the same. It's believed that lunar eclipses of any kind (partial or total) are an opportunity for greater spiritual understanding. In fact, partial eclipses are particularly helpful times to reflect quietly.

So, don't be surprised if you find it easier to find solutions to the problems you've been avoiding when you consider them tonight. The moon's symbolic associations and its physical activity are working in tandem to prepare you for the rest of the year. There will always be some hardship hanging over your head, but taking advantage of the Corn Moon and the eclipse's reflective properties can help you move through them with grace.

Last edited by Dee74; 08-19-2016 at 06:06 PM.