View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
CoParentToA

Just spoke with my attorney and asked him to begin drafting a motion to request court-ordered monitoring.

He asked, "Don't you want to see how he reacts to your email before you start to spend $$ on legal work?"

And I said, "Nope. Whether or not I need it this time, we'll need something, at some point, regardless. He may cave to my ask, but it won't be for long, and when he abandons it again, we'll have something ready to go."

He thought that the thing that would work against us is the fact that he has a therapist who has gone on record regarding the strength of his recovery. I am hopeful that any judge would question that to be true given four missed SoberLink tests in a row just a month ago.

The other thing he thought might be an issue is that the JPA requires us to work through a mediator. But even if they invoke that, I would be perfectly willing to work with our mediator on this issue. Her focus is ALL about the children, practically to the exclusion of everything else - and I found her to be exceedingly wise and reasonable when we worked with her on the parenting agreement.