View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
letitend

Firebolt - I would love to do that. Unfortunately, we have a child together. That is what complicates the entire situation. It is his (and my) only child. Neither of us are willing to let him go. My child is also his mother's ONLY grandchild, so she gets a bit wicked thinking I am going to withhold him. I never have. I think after last time we broke up and they still had access to him that she realizes that I am not going to do that.

His mother actually told me the last time I made him leave that I should be the one to go and leave our kid there with him, presumably paying the bills. I told her to eff off in so many words. So, there is some dynamic going on where she tries to force this guy on me. Which is why I have stayed so long, pure manipulation. My fault, I know. But I am at the end of my rope here. I will not stay with him and do not acknowledge him as my bf and haven't for quite some time.

So, if it weren't for the kiddo, I would have packed his stuff and mine and not looked back long, long ago. I wouldn't have cared too much about the consequences either. Now, I have to, as I have a child. My kiddo is AWESOME too, btw. I have already talked to him in a very basic way about what is going to happen. I have assured him that all will be fine, that his mommy and daddy will take care of him no matter what. He experienced this for a year before (us being apart) and he actually liked having two places to stay. He made the best of it!

In other news, he had a DUI while we were apart that I didn't even know about until I went to add him on my auto-insurance policy back in November. I learned last night that the xABF is going to have to get a breathalizer in his car in order to get a restricted license back. That makes me feel GREAT because I don't have to worry about him taking off and drinking and driving with my son when visitation occurs. I have been the designated driver for 10 years, so I am really loving that getting his license back isn't going to be a cake walk.

Thanks for all the support and advice. This road has been walked by many before me. I find myself reading the comments and pulling myself out of denial with some of the words people say. I know it comes from a place of love and experience.