View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
letitend

there hasnt been horizontal tango in years. No, I did not give him notice. He did leave aug 2014 with no notice. I plan on just changing the locks. I understand that he may not leave or fight to issue. If he does, I will leave. He was on the lease when we got the place. When he moved out last time, he signed a note taking himself off. The landlord did not give me a new lease but he does not know that.
I had a talk with him last night because he has been sober for 3 days. He promised he would leave on 9/1. If he does not, I will definitely look for somewhere else to move to. He cannot afford the rent here on his own, so he will not be able to stay. He has paid under 1500 for rent in the 2.5 yrs I have lived here, and I have paid 10's of 1000's, so I really do not feel I want to leave. I live in Southern California, and the rent has exploded the last few years. I will go if I have to.
I guess the good thing is I can get by with doing my own notice and forcing us all out because he signed his way off the lease.
I love the suggestions for keeping busy. I have been doing the best I can, but as the date draws near, I am becoming more anxious. I will also keep looking for places to go.