View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
CoParentToA

Maybe I need to push my attorney on this one. I keep reading things like this quote:

"Even drug use plays no part in allocating parental responsibility determination unless it impacts the children. It is well established that a parent's use of drugs is relevant to the issue of Parental responsibility only if the parent's conduct can be shown to affect his mental or physical health and his relationship with the child."

And it feels like it tracks with what my attorney is saying, that we have to prove the twins are in "clear and immediate danger."

I guess at this point I'm hoping we have things that can be verified by someone who is not me:

My son getting a gash on his head and AXH saying he took him to the ER - but no record anywhere of a visit to same or to our doctor

Missed school (when he didn't want to risk a DUI)

And I suppose expert testimony that would prove that the children would likely be impacted by life with an alcoholic.

Anyway, I haven't yet spoken to the associate who reviewed my entire written record. I'll be interested to hear if all of what I've recorded would be enough to get the court ordered monitoring in place.