View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 06:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ChildlikeFaith
Holding The Father's Hand

Not different at all

I thought things were going to be different this time. Two weeks sober and treating me better than ever. It's my birthday all over again

He drank today. He took $60 out of the bank yesterday because he said that I never do anything for myself and he wanted to buy me a present. Well, he drank the money away. Nice gift. I thought since his daughter was visiting who he hadn't seen in over a year, he would stay sober. I guess not.

On my birthday, three months ago, he told me that he was sorry that he didn't have enough money to buy me a present. I told him that the only present I wanted was a day without alcohol. He promised me we would have a great day. Well, I came home from work to find that he had stolen the Debit card from my personal account and overdrew me by $40 buying alcohol. I found Three empty pints of vodka, one half full, and two full ones under the couch. I know it wasn't right, but I proceeded to dump them all over his body as I sang Happy Birthday to myself. Then I reported the card stolen and got a new one that he doesn't know the number to.

Now, he's lying and taking money again. The $60 was part of the kids' school clothes money that we put aside. Good thing I'm a good shopper.

I know..DETACH...right? I wish I knew how.