Old 08-11-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
capricallia

Originally Posted by Forwards View Post
Well Day 10 yesterday went well - it feels like a bit of a milestone.

My parents who are my closest local support have departed for France for a fortnight. Typically when they go away for August I get lonely and drink like crazy. I'm determined that this is isn't going to happen this time. I guess I'll up my AA meetings and stick close to SR.

Thanks for all your support. On with Day 11...
Keep plugging on Forwards. I'm the same usually when my parents go away. I'm very close to them so feel a bit lonely when they depart and I go hard on the drink. They're away at the end of the month so will be a testing time for me also. Since it's loneliness to battle I'm making a plan of friends to meet, some gym and swimming time and checking various meetup.com groups to see if there's any talks or exhibitions I can go to. Keep active and out there.

Thanks lovehoops, I'm feeling pretty ok about the holiday, strangely looking forward to it despite knowing drinkers with be around me. Downloaded some fiction and recovery stuff on my kindle, a meditation app on my phone, packed my colouring book, flavoured teas and trainers. I'm as prepared as can be.