View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 10:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
Not now of course but in a year to a year in a half so I can save some money for it,I'm barely sober after another relapse and I really feel like my job,environment is a contributing factor in why I relapse,I've had decent stretches of sobriety but I just can't get past this feeling of being overwhelmed by where I live,Las Vegas,the people, the weather, the memories, etc,its like every weekend when we drive to another part of town a bad memory is triggered causing me distress,plus having to pull myself up by the bootstraps daily to go to a salon I hate,custumors who are rude,I've thought of changing jobs but I can do a different job in a safer place, is,working at a gas station, Walmart, I'm done doing haircutting unless however I am in a different place any input?
It is sometimes recommended by some CD counselors that an addict change cities...NOT to "run away" but because they've tried so many times to stay sober and keep running up against people and places that are triggers. One example I can think of is a teenager being treated who was from Alaska. And I've never been to Alaska but have heard from good sources that drug abuse is very high per capita. But in this particular case, the peer pressure element was a big issue. Factor in less sunlight affecting serotonin levels and there you have it; for anyone PRONE ... I honestly haven't researched how EFFECTIVE changing locations is as far as success rates, etc.