Thread: Good News
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Katetheo

Thanks Aries, thanks AW, it all makes totally sense.

Luckily so far I'm having no regrets and not missing him...hopefully that will last. Something has just angered me though and given me a little reminder why I left. A couple of weeks ago axbf was walking doggy in the morning and apparently a dog walkers dog attacked my dog so axbf posted a bad review on her business Facebook page saying her dogs were out of control etc etc etc. I had his FB open on my phone from that time as he asked me to see if she'd commented and I forgot to close it. I've just gone on now to post on my doggys FB (sad I know) and before I logged him off I noticed she replied. She remembers the meeting at 10.30am with him with can in hand. I didn't need to read anymore as his judgment on the situation would have obviously been not so great. I knew he was using dog walks as an excuse to drink but seeing it on FB made it more real. I don't care about him drinking so much but that he was meant to be in control of my dog and how could he have been if he was drinking. I know it doesn't matter now but it's a fantastic reminder why me & doggy aren't there anymore!

The other thing...I have a friend I knew years ago and we reunited about 10 months ago. She has mental health issues, drug issues and is an alcoholic. She's a lovely girl who cares about everyone and would do anything for you but Im really struggling with her. She calls me everyday several times a day. She knows I hate talking on the phone so most of the time I don't answer but she calls and calls and calls. Half the time when I do speak to her I can't understand a word she's saying and what can I do? She also tells me I'm her best friend and only friend. She had a baby premature 2 months ago and he is still in hospital but authorities are trying to get him fostered because of her issues. I feel for her but with her in addition to axbf stuff I'm starting to loose empathy and I haven't the energy to support her. I know it probably sounds heartless but if you don't do anything about your addiction/mental health you run the risk of having your baby taken. It's for the best.

Other than my two rants doing pretty ok