View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
zjw

8 months sober i talked to a doctor about problems i was having since i had quit drinking. I was questioning my sanity to be honest. He stated that it was proabbly alcohol withdrawels. I told him thats crazy at 8 months? ! he said yep certainly possible. then he recomneded i take paxil or prozac etc... I told him no i'd rather not. he told me I'd loose this battle and that Its ok to get on meds. I told him no thanks. Then he stated he has read studies that diet and excercise can go a long way at fighting these various things but that i'd probably loose the battle and my life would just be easier if i'd just get on the pills. I again told him no.

He's a close family friend this MD too. Anyhow fast forward I chose the diet and excercise appraoch for me this worked out well.

and while I didnt really believe him at the time that it could be withdrawels still. I certainly believe him now. why? because I went through it and because I've read so many simlier stories on this board of people still struggling with various things 6-12 months after they quit drinking etc...

Heck I sometimes wonder if i still have some level of PAWS going on at times.

Thats my 2 cents anyhow.