Thread: Meds (?)
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 05:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Cap3

Hi Cloudy,ive heard of so,so many ways to meditate,until i found one that really fits me.I talked with folks who have meditated for years.I went to book stores and read about this too.For myself,what i do first thing in the morning,is lay on my bed,flat,facing the ceiling.At first i set my alarm clock,to ring,when 10 minutes.,is up.My body is "still,"not moving,any parts.Thinking of one word only.Could be any word that you choose.Like ,for example the word,love,flower,any word.And keep thinking about this word until my alarm goes off.Everytime my mind thinks of something else,i bring it back to that one word again.Today i meditate for an hour.This settles my mind,and i go into nothingness.Thats why i set the alarm clock,to ring in an hour"s time,to bring me back.Not moving any parts of my body.Silence.
Some folks hum,and focus on the sound of their voice humming.
It took a longgggggggggg time for me to learn how to do this.And in learning how to meditate i also could see,how my mind was all over the place,scattered,with so many,thoughts going through my mind.I really paid no attention to this before.
Thoughts are powerful.Its how i experience life and people,through my thoughts.To be mindful of my thoughts.
Thanks for letting me share,
give it a go,and all the best,
God Bless,take care!!!!!!!

Last edited by Cap3; 08-09-2005 at 05:17 AM. Reason: adding